For its global customer base, PEC offers solutions and expertise in:
Energy Storage Devices
- Cell, Module and Battery Testing Equipment
- Cell Manufacturing Equipment:
– Inline cell testing
– Cell Finishing
(soaking, pre-charge, formation, degassing, ageing, grading, sorting…)
Cash Operations of Central Banks
- Automated Vaults
- Automated Cash Operations (receiving, pre and post processing)
- Automated Retail Order Picking systems
- End-to-End Cash Management Systems
Our company is staffed with highly educated experts in different technological domains:
This multidisciplinary skill matrix forms the core of PEC’s technological leadership, and creates substantial competitive advantages for our customers, in terms of quality, reliability and operational cost.
(from right to left)
Vice President Engineering & Product Development
Vice President Sales and Marketing
Vice President Contracting
Click to view history
- 2020Due the very fast growth in the last 3 years, PEC is doubling its production capacity with 2 new plants in China and Hungary. These factories are required to support the growth of PEC’s customer base in Europe and Asia. Besides these new manufacturing locations, PEC is also opening a new service centre in the south of Germany.
- 2019PEC wins several new contracts in Automated Cell Finishing for large format automotive grade cells, including the UK’s Battery Industrialisation Centre (UK BIC).
- 2018PEC has been selected by 2 of Germany’s largest OEM’s to supply the technology for Cell Finishing, including soaking, formation, degassing, ageing and final testing.
- 2017PEC has been awarded with several consulting and engineering projects for central and commercial banks worldwide. PEC is assisting these banks with the automation of the cash cycle and the setup of automated high speed cash processing and logistics centres.
- 2016PEC announces its latest generation Cell Testing Equipment – the ACT0550. The ACT0550 is the system of choice for high precision high power cell testing.
- 2015PEC starts delivery of the first Cell Finishing Line to VARTA Micro Batteries, the global leader in small rechargeable Li-ION cells for Bluetooth headsets and wearable electronics. This successful partnership has since then been extended, with 2 mass production plants up and running on PEC Cell Finishing Lines.
- 2014Founding of PEC Germany in Berlin, Germany.
- 2011Founding of PEC Japan KK with sales and support office in Tokyo.
- 2009Founding of PEC China in Shanghai. Opening new manufacturing site in Shanghai, PRC (Q3) and Boca Raton, USA (Q3).
- 2008PEC realizes 50% growth and its best financial result ever.
- 2006PEC realized its first contract for a fully automated vault and logistics system with a major central bank. PEC starts delivery of its first completely automated formation, grading and ageing line for high power Hybrid Electric Vehicle batteries.
- 2005Start of sales and subcontracting in Asia, and opening Hong Kong office.
- 2004PEC decides to further concentrate its focus to its 2 key markets, Manufacturing, Testing and Logistics solutions for: Energy storage devices and Cash processing and security print works
- 2003First plant-wide MWare MES implementation at a leading battery manufacturer. Opening of a new subcontracted manufacturing facility in Balatonlelle, Hungary.
- 2002Founding of PEC North America in Boca Raton, Florida, supporting the substantial growth on the US market.
- 2000Start of sales and marketing in the USA for PEC battery test systems and MWare Manufacturing Execution Systems.
- 1998PEC implements its first test and formation systems for advanced rechargeable chemistries (Several customers) PEC was appointed as exclusive OEM – EMEA distributor for the IBM Plant Floor Automation Solutions.
- 1997Founding of PEC Central Europe in Budapest, Hungary.
- 1996Inauguration of PEC’s new headquarters building in Leuven, Belgium.
- 1995PEC delivers its first large scale (> 5000 channels) mosfet based test system for alkaline cells.
- 1994Start of PEC’s product development group, with a main focus to battery test systems, embedded controllers and MWare, PEC’s Manufacturing and Logistics Execution System.
- 1990PEC developed its first resistor based test system for primary cells.
- 1988PEC becomes a key IBM Business Partner for IBM’s Plant Floor Automation Architecture, including software, robots, industrial computers… and was IBM system integrator for several early pilot projects.
- 1986PEC commissions a complete automated line for the manufacturing and testing of ABS sensors with a tier 1 automotive supplier.
- 1984Raf Goossens and Luc Vereycken are founding Project Engineering and Contracting (PEC) in Leuven, Belgium. The company started as an engineering services company, realizing complex automation projects, including mechanics, robotics, electronics and software.
Fax : +32(0)16/39.83.69
10719 Berlin, Germany
Telephone : +49 30 88706 4022
Boca Raton Main Office
2385 NW Executive Center Drive Suite 100, Boca Raton FL,33431
Telephone : +1(561)-962-2824,
Fax: +1 954 834 5232
Coconut Creek Manufacturing Unit
4911 Lyons Technology Parkway #1 Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
PEC Test and Manufacturing Equipment (Shanghai) co. ltd.
Block 2, Ground floor, JiHong Rd. 58
MinHang Zone, Shanghai China Zip 201107
Telephone: +86 (0) 21 6296 7230
ESHT New Energy (Chengdu) co. ltd.
Innovation center A108,XiXin Rd.4 GaoXin Zone,Chengdu.
Level 9, Tower B Ariake Frontier Building
3-7-26 Ariake, Koto-Ku ,Tokyo 135-0063〒135-0063
Telephone : +81 3 5530 9326
Budapest Main Office
Lanchid u. 23 V/2, H-1013 Budapest
Telephone: +36 1 487 70 10
Fax: +36 1 487 70 11
Tatabánya Manufacturing Unit
Táncsics Mihály út 2/C, 2800 Tatabánya